Friday, August 26, 2011

Seasonal Style

Alternate Title -- my new best friend is a necklace

I don't blog practically ever, but I have really enjoyed seeing all the "Seasonal Style" outfits everyone is posting over at Hollywood Housewife.....so, I thought I'd join in.



These cutoffs need the washing machine. Some days I feel like a human napkin.

I wear a variation of this almost every day...shorts, plain-ish top found on a sale rack somewhere, and a fun necklace. I threw a striped tank on today since I'm on the internet. Special occasion and all.

The necklace is the only piece worth mentioning, really, because I wear it all.the.time. I wish you could see it better. I'll post the website below.

Anyway, she was a gift--I think this necklace deserves a personal pronoun-- the "Graceful Nomad" by Stella and Dot. She takes any outfit, from cutoffs to a sundress, to the next level. I literally like it with almost everything besides workout clothes. And, since I am daydreaming about Fall in these 100+ temps, I know she'll really show off with fall outfits too. I feel instantly more stylish and put together with cute jewelry. At the very least, I feel less like a human napkin when I wear it. :)

Sorry, but I don't know how to do in-text links. You can copy-paste the link for Graceful Nomad in all her glory:
http://www.stelladot.com/sites/tiffanyporter/productcatalog?page=productdetail&sku=N236

4 comments:

Leigh Kramer said...

Cute and comfy! Always a great summer combination.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

yay! taylor, i'm so glad you decided to link up. it's great to see you in the blogosphere again. :)

I agree that a great piece of jewelry can totally make the outfit. (your cool sandals are a nice touch, too.)

you look stylish and summery - and ready for a day keeping up with three kiddos. not at all like a human napkin!

Anonymous said...

You look so much exactly the same that it is hard for me to believe that you're a mother of three and not a teenager! Just darling.

Last summer (when I wasn't pregnant) I wore the cutoff jean shorts probably 4 times a week. I felt like I had rediscovered them after college years shunning that style. You can bet I'll be returning to them just as soon as possible.

Also, good jewelry elevates any outfit.

(thanks for doing the link up!!)