One of my mother's day gifts this year was to re-do one of the flower beds in front of my house. This is what we did with the bed when we first moved in to our house 2 years ago:
As you can see it was just a few bushes, really.
I've been scoping out other people's landscaping for months. Since it was a flat, shallow bed and didn't get much sun, I wanted to extend it out and add lots of dirt to create some rounded mounds. Andy extended it out with a nice curve and new edging. My dad helped a ton, buying us dirt and mulch and edging and even some pretty plants. And of course, he donated lots of hard work to rip out the grass and mound up the new dirt. We transplanted a small tree and a pretty reddish bush from another bed (the previous owners had planted them close too the house and you really couldn't see the pretty spruce). I added a few new plants last night...some flowers and a couple of hostas...and mulch this morning. The photos don't do the result justice, since it was really bright out this morning. The annuals got washed out...but they are in reds and purples, so use your imagination. I'm really proud of the project! Adds to our curb appeal!
Thanks to Andy and my dad!! Happy Mother's Day to me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment